NGAA has made a 2019-20 Budget Submission to the Federal Government, focussing on five building blocks for good growth.
Reform and Rebalance
- Install a Fast Growing Outer Suburbs reference group to support the federal government’s national population growth and infrastructure planning.
People and Place-based Investment
- A Co-investment Community Infrastructure Fund for Growth Areas to fill the clear and significant gap in available funding for community facilities in growth areas.
- Commitments to ongoing service delivery for growth area communities.
- Target infrastructure investment, including through the Urban Congestion Fund, in key projects which connects growth area communities, unlocks productivity and brings jobs close to home including: roads of significance, commuter rail, commuter hubs, grade separation and digital infrastructure.
Accelerate Economic Transition
- Provide direct funding via a co-investment model with local and state government to accelerate targeted precinct development
- Support transformational infrastructure projects in growth areas to drive productivity and employment growth.
Innovate: funding, financing and governance mechanisms
- Invest in a capacity building program for collaborating local governments to identify and prepare suitable proposals for consideration for a ‘City Deal’ project.
- Leverage the learnings from the current City Deals to inform improved and replicable models to enhance future deals for local government, including, but not limited, to Planning Partnerships and Governance and Collaboration models.
- Accelerate support for alternative funding and financing mechanisms including but not limited to, incentive-based payments or concessions for targeted developments, public- private partnerships, co-investment models and value capture.
The full submission is available on the Advocacy page of the NGAA website.